Friday, December 20, 2013

Metinee's Quiet Book

Today's quiet book comes to us all the way from Malaysia! Made by Metinee for her toddler son, this book has lots of fun things to play with like snaps, weaving, zippers, and beads. I really like the day/night page; I've never seen anything like that and I think it's a really cool concept. But I think my very favorite page in this book is the cover - it's so bright and happy and I'm sure a child would love their name like that on the front of their book. So, enjoy!



Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence.
My name is Metinee. I'm from Thailand but now I'm staying in Malaysia and my friends here call me "Menie." I am 24/7 mommy of my only son (but sometimes I also spend my time for non-profit organization).

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they?
As I told you before, I made the quiet book for my dear son Imtiyaz. He is now 19 months old. When I first start to fond in quiet book, he is around 1 year.

What's your level of sewing experience?
I'm not dare to tell that I'm super beginner (55+) as you can see from my sewing. I'm novice in sewing, as you know I just known how to blanket stitch with my very first page of quietbook (Balloon Button). You can see from my every page that got at least one point in each page imperfection but who's care because perfect is not our goal in making of quietbook. Just be fun and put all your effort is better moreover my son loves them so WIN-WIN ^_^

How long did it take you?
Ummmm It's quiet difficult to tell in word. I think it depends on how many time that I have in each day to finish each page of quietbook and also for my mood as well. Since I hand-sew so some page of quietbook take a long time and I'm nap-time crafting as well, LOL.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found?
I use no pattern or any templates provided in Internet, rather got some inspiration from Pinterest and this blog. Since I have decided which kind of page I want to sew, so I draw a template by myself because I like to draw even my drawing skill is not good.

How did you bind your quiet book?
Actually I've not finished it so I'm not binding my quietbook yet. By the way, I plan to use embroidery thread or may be just using binding ring.

What materials are the pages made out of?
I use felt in multi-color but if you can observe from my very first page I have only five colors in a row (Pity me55+). I also use buttons, beads, ribbon, and so on for decoration.

How much did all supplies cost you?
I think this question is kinda hard to answer again hehe. I always fond to buy supplies and decoration accessories. By the way, I usually bought all my stock of felt from Daiso (kinda like Dollar Store, everything same price as 5Ringgint Malaysia). For the other decoration items, I usually bought it when I went back to my hometown because it's easier to find the right one.

What's your favorite page? Why?
I like the Space page...tons of imagination and also for my son too. He likes to see himself in astronaut suit moreover he likes to move alien in that both page swap to another place. Not only that page I mention above, also for the cover as well.... unique one just only My "Imtiyaz's Quietbook" to have that cover.

Thank you so much for sharing your quiet book with us Metinee!


Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

2 comments:

  1. The idea is very good ^^. So lovely handmade . Mom can relax with this activity and can add more values for the books . The kids are also happy and funny with creative things . I think if you have more time you can make it for sale . I think if you try to use the sewing machine it will be easier . Moreover, your can design everything that you want within the limited time ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this 'Imtiyaz's Quitebook' so much because it is a creative book which have colorful pattern. I think that can make the kid interested in this book easily. I think the idea of this book that decorated by easy materials like button or ribbon is useful because the materials can found from the book store or market. Like you said that you bought some accessaries from Daiso store and i want you to know that i'm also big fan of Daiso store because of the cheaper cost ^____^ so, i hope that you will make a new Quitebook soon. I love your creative ideas so much. And thank you for sharing ..... ^_________^

    ReplyDelete