Saturday, June 20, 2015

Ana Maria's Quiet Book

Ola! Today's quiet book comes to us from Brazil, made by Ana Maria. She made this adorable book for her friend's two-year-old, with letters on each page spelling out his name through the book. Each letter has an animal whose name (in Portuguese) matches the letter. "H" for hipopotamo, "E" for elefante, "I" for iguana, "T" for tatu, "O" for ovelha, and "R" for rato. She also wrote a personal message on the back cover for him, and included helpful pictures that show how she bound her pages together once she had made them.

Please enjoy!



Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence. 
My name`s Ana Maria. I have three teenager sons and I love new experiences about craft.

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they? 
To Heitor, son of my job friend. He is two years old.

What's your level of sewing experience?
Very low. I used just felt and hand sewing.

How long did it take you?
Four days, ten hours.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found? 
I created my own templates.

How did you bind your quiet book? 
I sewed and I used glue.

What material are the pages made out of? 
Felt.

What other materials did you use? 
I want to use other materials in the next projects, such as wood, buttons, magnet, fabrics, plastic, photos and illustrations.

How much did all the supplies cost you? 
I don't know, because I already had the materials.

Ana Maria, thank you so much for sharing your quiet book with us!
 
Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

No comments:

Post a Comment