Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Winnie's Quiet Book

Today's adorable quiet book comes to us from Winnie of the blog Be A Creative Mom. She hand-sewed the entire thing in just about a week, which is seriously impressive! I love the look that hand-sewing gives quiet books, and I especially love the embroidery that Winnie added to the front and back covers.

In addition to the awesome embroidered covers, Winnie's quiet book has a safari animals page (the animals are hanging on buttons, and can be removed and played with), a purse page (with toys to find inside), a shapes page, a numbers page (which flaps that lift up with objects underneath for children to count), a telephone page (with velcro numbers), a bee and flowers string page, a ribbon page, and an octopus page (with beads on his tentacles to count).


Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence. 
My name is Winnie; I am a mom of 2 living in Singapore.

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they? 
I made this book for my one-year-old daughter.

What's your level of sewing experience? How long did it take you?
I consider myself a intermediate sewer, as I hand sew lots of stuff. My speed is actually decent. The book took me about one week to finish while sewing 2 hours a day. So roughly 14-15 hours.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found? 
I used some from online. I don't remember all of the resources so just listed what I can find as below. Just want to say thank you to all the fantastic moms who posted their templates.
The purse page is from Apron Girls: Quiet Book.
Ribbon page is from And Next Comes L: Ribbon Pulling Quiet Book Page.
Forgot where the octopus and bee is from... But they are super famous quiet book pages!

How did you bind your quiet book? 
Just by sewing.

What material are the pages made out of? 
Felt.

What other materials did you use? 
Beads, ribbons, yarn, velcro, a key, a card,etc.
 
How much did all the supplies cost you? 
About $15-20.

What's your favorite page? Why?  
I simply love them all... I worked quite a bit to design and find pages suit my 1 yr old girl. My girl loves the octopus beads page the most.


To see Winnie's quiet book on her own blog, click here: Be A Creative Mom - Quiet Book. Winnie, thank you so much for sharing your quiet book!


Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

No comments:

Post a Comment