Thursday, December 3, 2015

Melina's Quiet Books

Today's awesome quiet books come to us all the way from Chile, made by mom Milena! They've got puzzles, memory games, counting games, and more.

Milena's first quiet book:


Milena's second quiet book:


Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence. 
I'm half time rheumathologist and half time wife and mother of three.

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they? 
I made the first one for my oldest, who was 3 and a half when I did it, and the next one for my second of 2 years old.

What's your level of sewing experience? 
Basic.

How long did it take you? 
It took me too many hours, in about 2-3 months. But in that time I did 3 quiet books, one for my nephew too.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found? 
No, But I copied several ideas from pinterest.

How did you bind your quiet book? 
I sewed the pages together and to the cover. I used lots of glue for the figures.

What material are the pages made out of? What other materials did you use? 
Only felt.

How much did all the supplies cost you? 
I don't know, but not too much.

What's your favorite page? Why? 
Of the first quiet book, the memory game. My son loves it. And of the second book, the spy page.

 
Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

No comments:

Post a Comment